Saturday, October 24, 2015

Narrowing My Focus

Narrowing My Focus
After determining what one's focus is in a more broad sense it is necessary to then narrow the focus to pinpoint what he or she really wants to focus on for the majority of the writing. Below is my narrowed list of questions pertaining to the genetic engineering controversy. 
Denelson83. "Circle-question-purple" 12/16/12 via Wikimedia Commons. Creative Commons Attribution. 
  • What point is genetic engineering at today? 
    • I think this is an important question because it is necessary to know how close the population is to being capable of genetically engineering a real human child. That being said, I think this question will help me as a writer better understand the supporting and opposing sides of the argument in a better light. 
  • What is the general consensus about genetic engineering? 
    • From the time it was first thought about to today I am sure that the ideas of genetic engineering have changed. I think as a writer it would be convenient to know this in order to see what the majority of the population has started to think, including the general public, researchers and scientists. 
  • What type of light has media shown genetic engineering in? 
    • I can imagine that genetic engineering is probably shown in different light depending on whether the publication is from a popular news source or if it is from a scholarly news source. That being said I am interested in learning how the controversy is portrayed and what type of evidence each individual news source uses to bolster their claims. 

No comments:

Post a Comment