Friday, September 25, 2015

Identifying Basic Grammar Patterns

Identifying Basic Grammar Patterns
In writing it is imperative that an author captivates his or her audience with varying grammatical elements. Below is an analyzation of the grammar specifics in one paragraph of my controversy QRG. 

An analyzation of my longest paragraph can be found here. In analyzing this paragraph I had to make quite a few changes because I did not have enough variation in the grammatical elements that I use. In specific I had a hard time with the sentence patterns and sentence purposes. The majority of my sentences are declarative due to the fact that it is an informative piece of writing. Additionally,  the sentence patterns tripped me up a little bit because sometimes I make my sentences so long that I have trouble determining what pattern each specific sentence is. I think these are two major things which I can work on with future writing in order to make it more effective and draw readers in more. In reality I would like to spend more time on all of these concepts in order to improve upon them because I feel like I am capable of using them but not very efficient with them. 

Deazralei. "GRAMMAR-Live with it." 3/30/09 via Deviant Art. Creative Commons Attribution

No comments:

Post a Comment