Sunday, November 22, 2015

Reflection on Project 3

Reflection on Project 3 
After a project is finished it is important to reflect on the project itself, especially the changes between drafts of the project. The following is my reflection on Project 3. 
Colwell, Ken. "Running Baby Giraffe" 9/6/11 via flickr. Creative Commons Attribution.
  • What was specifically revised from one draft to another? 
    • Between my first and second draft I changed up quite a bit of the content of my script for the podcast. I did this in efforts to make my argument more persuasive rather than just informative based on factual information. Additionally, I changed the person who acted as the interviewer in order to make it feel less forced and instead more relaxed. 
  • Point to Global Changes: How did you reconsider your thesis or organization?
    • I tried to change the sequence of questions in order to create a more logical flow. By doing this I felt that the audience would have a better build up for the argument and could then be more capable of being persuaded as to why genetic engineering is a good thing. 
  • What led to these changes? A reconsideration of audience? A shift in purpose? 
    • These changes were made specifically because I recognized my first draft seemed to have a purpose of just informing the audience. Instead I knew my purpose was to persuade the audience so I decided to make some global changes.
  • How do these changes affect your credibility as an author? 
    • Due to the fact that I created a podcast for this project I don't think that the organization of questions affects my credibility as an author. It more reflects on the person who acted as the interviewer in the podcast because they know how to lead an interview in an appropriate direction. 
  • How will these changes better address the audience or venue?
    • These changes will help the audience to understand on a more basic level and then further open their eyes and ears and understanding to appreciate the emotional appeals which were utilized to help connect with the audience. 
  • Point to Local changes: How did you reconsider sentence structure and style? 
    • From the first to last draft I tried to make my sentence structure less formal and more conversational. I felt that this would be more easily understood by the audience and would help them accept the topic better. 
  • How will these changes assist your audience in understanding your purpose? 
    • I think that by breaking down the sentence structure the audience will understand the topic on a more personal level and and feel as though the topic is more relatable. 
  • Did you have to reconsider the conventions of the particular genre in which you are writing? 
    • Due to the fact that I composed a script and then worked that into a podcast I did have to change some of the conventions. When someone reads something he or she gets a completely different take on it than if he or she hears it. For that reason I really tried to make the script have a number of sentences which would really stand out and roll off the tongue well so they would be easily remembered. 
  • Finally, how does the process of reflection help you reconsider your identity as a writer. 
    • I think that reflection helps me to understand my strengths and weakness as a writer. Reflection helps me to see what I need to work on and what I was able to do well and that should be used in future writings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment