Thursday, December 3, 2015

Revisiting My Writing Process

Revisiting My Writing Process 
Each individual is shaped by his or her own writing process. After having completed all the work for projects 1, 2 and 3 for the course I have decide to revisit what I stated as my writing process at the beginning of the course. 
McIntosh, Johnathan. "Xmas Lights DC" 2004 via Wikimedia Commons. Creative Commons Attribution.  

In my first blogpost entitled "My Writing Process" I recognized that I used to be "a somewhat procrastinating heavy reviser type of writer". Although this was true in the past I feel as though throughout the course I really focused on attempting to procrastinate less. After the first few deadlines in which I did the majority of the blog posts and assignments in the last two days prior to the de date I realized that I caused to much stress and anxiety to do it that way. From then on I really tried to space out the assignments evenly in each deadline in order to ensure that I wouldn't get overwhelmed. 

I also labeled myself as a heavy reviser which I think still mostly holds true. Although this is still true I think I have improved upon this method to make it effective to my writing abilities rather than just being a result of procrastination, as in the past. That being said, I realized that I would create my own first draft all on my own and then following peer feedback as well as much meeting time with the professor I would work to improve upon what I had crafted in my first draft. 

As of now, I think my time management skills have improved. I really tired to look at each deadline before the week of it in order to determine how to allot enough time in my schedule to each item on the deadline list. That being said, I think there' always room for improvement with time management and writing processes but I think I that I am starting to get onto the right track with how to deal with the full workload. 

Hopefully, based on this course, I will be able to continue to procrastinate less and less with the assignments. I hope to continue to capitalize on both my own thoughts as well as those thoughts of the editor's of my work in order to produce the best work I can both in terms of school work and beyond. 

No comments:

Post a Comment