Sunday, November 15, 2015

Reflection on Project 3 Draft

Reflection on Project 3 Draft 
Peer revision on a draft is instrumental in becoming the best writer which one can be. Below is my reflection on the reviewing process as well as my project 3 draft. 
  • Peer Reviewed Drafts: 
  • Who Reviewed My Project 2 Draft? 
    • Olivia Wann, Jon Wirtzfeld and Austin See all edited my project 3 draft. 
  • What did you think and/or feel about the feedback you received? 
    • I think that peer review is always good because it helps me as a writer see problems that people who don't have as much background on the subject have trouble understanding. It's really hard to recognize all the errors you have if you're the only one ever editing it. I like this but at the same time I sometimes think that different people might contradict one another unintentionally. That being said, I really liked how in depth the revision comments were in this project. I know it's hard to specify what people need to say in every single project revision process but I think it's so helpful when you have a full document in comments rather than just the short comments on the side of the draft. (Not that I don't think that is effective I just feel this is the most effective) 
  • What aspects of Project 3 need most work going forward? 
    • I think to start with I need to mainly focus on making the voice over and then making sure that my script isn't just informational. Then I think I need to work on my argumentation. I think I need to change my script in order to have the interviewer ask me questions rather than just me going on a script based on telling why I think genetic engineering is beneficial because the point of this project isn't to inform by to debunk one of the claims of why genetic engineering is not beneficial. 
  • How are you feeling overall about the direction of your project after peer review and/or instructor conferences this week?
    • SCARED. After peer review and conferences this week I realized I have quite a bit of work to do on my project and I need to work on really making it the type of argument I want it to be which I think will take quite a bit more time than I expected it to take. 
Piascik, Chris. "1204-20121002-WORK-WORK" 2/4/13 via Flickr. Creative commons Attribution. 


1 comment: